We are experts in helping children with learning disabilities.
- Horizon Academy is the only private, fully accredited school for students with dyslexia and other Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) in the Kansas City area.
- Our staff is made up of specialists who understand a child’s individual needs and are trained in the Orton-Gillingham approach.
- We use multi-sensory, evidence-based teaching methods, specially designed to help our students succeed.
We focus on the whole child.
- Teaching the right set of learning strategies along with social skills and self-advocacy allows our students to become life-long learners.
- With a low student to teacher ratio in each classroom, Horizon Academy students receive the individual attention they need in a quiet learning environment designed for student success.
We are results driven.
- After students acquire the skills necessary to be successful, they typically return to a more traditional school or learning environment.
- Many students who have transitioned from Horizon Academy are now on the honor roll, graduating from college, or holding professional jobs.