Horizon Academy accepts students who have average to above average intelligence, but struggle academically due to dyslexia or another specific learning disability. For admission to the regular school year program and the June summer program, there are four steps (tour, application, screening, decision) which are outlined below.
- We invite you to join us for a tour of the school, the first step in the admissions process. This allows you to get a feel for the school and learn a little more about us and our programming.
- Please fill out our online form to request a tour.
- To begin the process you will need to create an account.
- Then log in to your account and Create a New Student Application for your child. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account and access your open application.
- A non-refundable fee of $40 must be submitted with each application.
- Upon completion of your online application, someone from Admissions will reach out to you to schedule a screening.
- Members of our leadership team will meet with your student and do a few quick assessments of their reading, writing, spelling, and math skills. Your student will also meet with a counselor to discuss their school experience so far and what changes they would like to see made.
- Skype screenings are available for out-of-town applicants.
- After the admissions information and screening have been reviewed, parents will be contacted within one week with an admissions decision.
- Admissions decisions sometimes require an applicant to shadow in our program.
Tuition (2018-2019 school year)
Elementary & Middle School: $26,450/year
High School: $26,950/year
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Horizon Academy values each student’s gifts as an individual. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or gender in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, or athletic or other school-administered program. The school targets students of average to above average intelligence who have a diagnosed learning disability. Horizon Academy is unable to meet the needs of students with significant emotional or behavioral issues that may negatively impact the learning environment.
Interested in our tutoring center? Check out our tutoring page!