Creating a brighter tomorrow for students with learning disabilities.
We are so pleased to announce that we have exceeded our goal for the Rays of Success Campaign! With the help of our generous donors, we have raised $1.59 million which will bring to life the hopes and dreams of students struggling with learning disabilities. At Sharyl Kennedy’s retirement party, we celebrated the successful conclusion of the campaign as well as plans for building renovations that have been made possible through these contributions.
We would like to extend a special thank you to Bob Dunn, Campaign Chair, for all of his help with the campaign, and the Hall Family Foundation for their continued support of our major gifts campaigns.
How will the campaign money be used at Horizon Academy?
- The cost is the biggest obstacle keeping students from attending our school
- We have given over $2 million in scholarships since our doors opened in 1999
- This year we have given out over $269,000 in scholarships
- The average scholarship is over $12,300
- 43% of our student population is on scholarship
Teacher Training & Programs-$450,000
- Science program and laboratory
- Teacher Training: includes the Strategic Instruction Model, Multi-Sensory Teaching, Universal Design and technology
- iPads for the elementary and middle school students
- After-school sports program
- Renovate unoccupied offices at the front entrance to create a large administrative office to house:
- Executive Director, Development Department, Community Relations, a screening room, a meeting room, a sick room and an additional restroom.
- Complete last two rooms on the lower level:
- A new classroom – increase capacity to 99 students.
- A physical fitness room with circuit training for students and staff.