The Horizon Academy Testing Center works with children, teens and adults to assess and diagnose learning problems and provides specific recommendations to improve school success. Testing can be done by one specialist for specific needs or by a team of specialists for a more comprehensive assessment.
Assessment Areas Addressed:
- Learning Disability
- Non-verbal Learning Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Evaluations of learning strengths and weaknesses
- ACT/SAT college accommodations
Our Thorough Assessments:
- Determine why a student is struggling in school.
- Help students and their families identify and understand the cognitive, academic, and communication strengths and problems that affect learning.
- Identify helpful teaching and learning strategies.
- Help determine appropriate accommodations for college, as well as ACTs, LSATs, MCATs and other board examinations.
Avner Stern, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist, received his doctorate from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1978 and completed the Postgraduate Diagnostic Program at the Menninger School of Psychiatry and Mental Health Sciences.
Your testing needs can be accommodated in a timely manner within a safe, quiet environment and our highly-qualified staff can answer any questions you might have. Questions? Call us at 913-789-9443 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule an appointment or to receive more information click the link below!